From: owner-jed-users-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 代理 G. Milde
Sent: 2007/4/30 [星期一] 下午 06:29
To: jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jed] minor patch for filelist.sl

On 30.04.07, Lechee.Lai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  There is minor patch for filelist.sl easy bind filelist_list_dir for
>  file and directory

Thanks for your patch.

I am a uncertain whether it is wise to apply it to filelist.sl, though.

* filelist_open_directory() explicitely says the function asks on
  directories.

* IMO, the problem of binding a key for opening a file or directory can
  be solved better with the filelist_find_file_hook(), as proposed in the
  INITIALIZATION block in filelist.sl. This hook let's all standard
  file-opening functions call filelist_list_dir if the path is a
  directory. Also, you can give a directory at the command line like
  `jed ~` and it will open in filelist-mode.

* You can easily write a wrapper like e.g.

   % open file or directory in a new buffer
   public define open_path(path)
   {
      if (file_status(path) == 2)        % directory
        filelist_list_dir(path);
      else
        () = find_file(path);
   }

  (untested!). If there is common request for this, I could add such a
  wrapper to filelist.sl.

Gunter