Re: Spell Checker

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 21:15 -0700, Dave Laird wrote:
> Good evening, Gregory...
>
> On Wed April 25 2007 6:18:26 pm Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
>
> > Everyone,
> >
> > Forgot to ask in my last post if there are plans to include a spell
> > checker in jed?
>
> There is already the means to use either Ispell or Aspell from within Jed,
> either of which are robust dictionaries of long standing. Although you did
> not mention whether you are running Jed from within Windows, I have been
> using one or the other dictionary in Linux for well over five years and
> find them not lacking at all.
>
> Also, with only a minor amount of tweaking and downloading some software
> you can also connect the Moby-Thesaurus to Jed, as well, thus giving you a
> massive thesaurus at your fingertips. Plus there is so much more that you
> can add to Jed giving it even more flexibility. I would highly recommend
> you spend some time reading http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/, but as
> always, if you have unanswered questions, ask them here.
>
> Dave
> --
> Dave Laird (dlaird@xxxxxxxxxx)
> The Used Kharma Lot

Dave,

Thanks for your response.  I have just started a serious review of jed
so please forgive me for asking uninformed questions.  Sure appreciate
your link.  I will need to replace Word Perfect on a Linux server and
this is why I am evaluating jed for a CentOS 5.0 system.

It is great that ispell or aspell can be used within jed!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!

Greg