Re: Some questions

Hello V01D,

V01D <phreakuencies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I've customized a lot of Jed's default behavior to resemble graphical
> editors I'm used to. There are some details I don't know how to handle:
> a) Is there a function to skip_white() backwards? I noticed there isn't any
> bskip_white(),

Are you shure? I've this function.

% grep bskip_wh /usr/share/jed/lib/site.sl
%{{{ bskip_white ()
%\function{bskip_white}
%\synopsis{bskip_white}
%\usage{Void bskip_white ();}
define bskip_white ()

> so I thought bskip_chars(" \t") would do the same thing, but it
> doesn't move the cursor position at all. When I'm looking_at(" "),

What's on the right hand side of " "? If you are in a line like this
"foo    bar" and looking at "bar", the cursor should be moved to 'o'.

> b) Is there a way to do a skip_non_word_chars() not skipping \n? I have
> some functions that redefine skip_word() and bskip_word(), and I want
> to get rid of the behavior by which skip_word() go past the current
> line if all the remaining characters between cursor position and \n are
> non_word chars.

Add \n to the characters they should not be skipped.

> c) Is there a way to make menus display '\e' as '\e' and not as '^['?

No.

> Finally, I would like to ask if adding support for line wrapping without using
> \n (I mean, visual wrapping, like vi and other editors) is to be considered for Jed.

AFAIK it's planed, but not for the near future.

Have a nice day, Jörg.
--
NetBSD ist für Frauen: es läuft auf Waschmaschinen