Re: WRAP blocal?

Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>is WRAP a pseudo blocal variable like TAB? Is it planed to make TAB a
>read blocal variable?

At the moment, WRAP affects all buffers.  I have not added much to the
blocal code because I intend to change the interface to these
variables.  For example, I have thought about creating a `get_buffer`
function that returns a buffer object, e.g.,

    cbuf = get_current_buffer ();
    sbuf = get_buffer ("*scratch*");

    % Copy the current buffer's tab setting to the scratch buffer
    sbuf.tab = cbuf.tab;

But it may be more useful to come up with a mechanism that can turn
variables such as WRAP into TAB-like buffer-local ones.