Re: jed key binding

On 16.02.06, Lechee.Lai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Günter
>   So which means when I use "\e[" key binding many other of "\e["
>   keystrings can not work at same time :-(

Exactly. Jed "sees" only a continuous string of characters without
knowing which keypresses generated them (could be your keyboard or
the output of another program or a remote terminal session).

This provides a consiatent interface for the abovementioned cases but
has the downcase that a keybinding cannot start with the substring of
another one.

> Yes I already use your recent, very great enhance. My case is a
> little different for example, I've the .jedrecent with foo.c:10:5 so
> I've open the file with "jed foo.c" without using
> Restore_Last_Session=1 no more argument is following just "jed foo.c"
> in this case I want open the foo.c in line 10 ...

What I normally do is starting jed and open the file via
File>Recent_Files.

The version 3.3 of jedmodes.sf.net/mode/recent/ (just uploaded, might
take some hours to appear in the web) provides the new function
recent_file_goto_point().

With

   add_to_hook("_jed_find_file_after_hooks", &recent_file_goto_point);

you can now get the desired behaviour.