Re: Roadmap for 0.99-17

Hello John,

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>do you have a plan of releasing version 0.99-17? Will this happen this
>>year or at the earliest next year? I ask, because we need to update the
>>Debian package and if 0.99-17 comes out in a few week we would suspend
>>this task and upload the new version. Otherwise we would upload an
>>updated 0.99-16.
>
>    3.  The issue of the conditional loading of jed.conf.  A
>        commandline switch has been proposed but I simply am unable to
>        see why this is necessary.  Is there a concrete example that
>        illustrates why the loading of jed.conf should be conditional?

We (the jed maintainer team for Debian) decided to patch site.sl to make
jed works as we want. So you need not to think about this issue anymore.

But we have one big problem: How to add an commandline option without
patching command_line_hook() in site.sl. Is it possible for an user to
add a command line option that is handled by a script in its .jedrc?

Regards, Jörg.
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
(Rich Cook)