Re: Problems with Copy&Paste: backticks are missing, whitespace is wrong

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Also, when I want to type a backtick in jed directly, I have to type it
>twice before it appears. Perhaps jed eats up the first appearance of it?
>Anyway, copying ```` into jed becomes `` here.

The backtic key is bound to the "quoted_insert" function.

>Another problem with C&P: if there is some whitespace at the beginning
>of a line, it seems to be added to the beginning of the next line.
>Example:

The "trick" to paste into jed running in xterm is to use the "paste"
function.  Simply issue the "paste" command at either the M-x or
S-Lang> prompt and the press the middle mouse button.  (This operation
requires jed-0.99-17).  The reason for this is that xterm sends
paste-data to the application running in the window via the
applications standard input stream (keyboard).  As a result, jed does
not know if the characters it is reading were typed in directly, or
are coming from some other source.