RE: Dabbrev issues

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:11:57 +0200, SANGOI DINO LEONARDO <SANGOID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >   I've checked out the dabbrev mode and I've been thinking
> > about creating
> > some functions that will load the included .h libraries as
> > buffers (when
> > editing C code) as to favor code-completion.
> >   I'm wondering if this has been done before (I couldn't find
> > anything on the
> > net). Or if there is another way to do this thing in a better way.

Well, you could use the recent mode in
http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/recent, make a local recent
files list and set Restore_Last_Session to 3.  That way you
would only have to open the .h files once (they would be opened
automatically next time you start JED in the directory of your C
file).

> Put all the files in a directory within JED_LIBRARY_PATH, except jed.rc:
> it's an examble of what you need to write in your .jedrc.
One of these files is called complete.sl.  That makes it rather
difficult to install both complete's.

> private define _compl_get_completions_default(ComplAssoc, s)
> {
>    variable cse = CASE_SEARCH;
>    variable re = "\\<"+s;

>    ERROR_BLOCK { _clear_error(); CASE_SEARCH = cse; }

>    % Search case sensitive
>    CASE_SEARCH = 1;
>    _compl_get_completions_default_one(ComplAssoc, re);
>    % search case insensitive.
>    CASE_SEARCH = 0;
>    _compl_get_completions_default_one(ComplAssoc, re);

>    EXECUTE_ERROR_BLOCK;

>    return 0;
> }

I think this would do the same:

private define _compl_get_completions_default(ComplAssoc, s)
{
   % Search case sensitive
   _compl_get_completions_default_one(ComplAssoc, "\\C\\<" + s);
   % search case insensitive.