Building wjed with cygwin name support

Hi.

I've been trying to build wjed.exe with support for native cygwin paths.

What I mean is that I'd like to run wjed.exe and be able to load files of
the form "X:\Path\File" and "/path/file" like I can in other cygwin apps,
and have either one work.

I tried building slang and jed with the makefiles I created with:

  mkmake WIN32 CYGWIN32 < makefile.all > makefile

but the resulting wjed.exe only seems to understand the "X:\Path\File" paths.

Any pointers? Has anyone tried this before? Is it supposed to work? Do I
have to dig into the code? Where should I begin?

Thanks,

-Frank

--
Frank Wallingford