Re: do not load jed.conf

Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:46:58 +0000 (UTC), Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>

>> This is the part of debians build script with the error message:
>> #v+
>> # compile .sl; move compileable .sl to jed-sl.deb
> Is jed-sl what used to be the jed-common package?

No. In jed-sl are all these file, they are possible to compile. If you
get a .slc file the .sl file is moved to jed-sl.deb. jed-sl is an
optional package, for those who want to read the source. :)

> Presumably jed-sl includes the slang sources.  Is there any reason for
> including .slc and .dfa files as well?  When I switched from slang 1 to slang
> 2, I had to remove all my .slc files.  After that I haven't byte-compiled,
> but I don't rule out that a .slc file compiled with slang 2 pre 7 doesn't work
> with slang 2 pre 8, etc.

I noticed this. I though slang falls back to the .sl file in this case,
but this isn't so. I don't know how to handle this.

@JED: How often does it happen, that byte-compiled files are
incompatible? From every minor version to the next minor version or only
on major updates?

>  So I think you should do any byte-compiling in the
> install script, which would also make the package smaller of course.

The same proble would happen with jed-extra and until dpkg has its hook
system I don't know what to do.

Jörg.

--
Die Katze steht im Mittelpunkt unserer Arbeit.
Alles was wir tun, ist für sie.