Re: [Pkg-jed-devel] Re: Debian jed 0.99.17.84 packages released

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>slang2 is not yet in Debian.  We might generate a 0.99.17 package built
>against slang1, but I am not sure it is a good idea creating parallel
>packages with versioned names.  This adds too much confusion for the user.

This weekend, I will release the final development snapshot of slang
2, and then assuming nothing goes wrong, I will officially release
slang2 on April 24th.

>A related question: is the last release in the 0.99.17 development series
>stable enough such that we could simply upload it to unstable, replacing
>0.99.16?

This weekend I intend to release my latest development snapshot of jed
to coincide with the slang release.  It fixes a few small problems in
0.99.17-82.

I will leave the question of stability to others.