Re: [Pkg-jed-devel] Re: Debian jed 0.99.17.84 packages released

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:30:51 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> slang2 is not yet in Debian.  We might generate a 0.99.17 package built
> against slang1, but I am not sure it is a good idea creating parallel
> packages with versioned names.  This adds too much confusion for the user.
The problem is that 0.99.17.84 only works with slang 2 prerelease 7, and the
next prerelease will probably only work with the prerelease of slang then
current, etc.  So you'd add much more confusion by packaging jed w/ slang 2.
But by now you might as well wait for the final release.

> A related question: is the last release in the 0.99.17 development series
> stable enough such that we could simply upload it to unstable, replacing
> 0.99.16?
The final release should be.