Re: link to jedmodes at jed homepage

John E. Davis wrote:
Removing such links became too time-consuming so I shut it down.
Perhaps someday I will install another wiki that simply rejects edits
containing links to external sites.

You can protect a wiki with a password. The user that wants to
edit the page has to write the password before editing.
You can make a trivial Turing test to check that the user
is human. The server generates a random code and creates
a bitmap with the code in it.
The user reads the bitmap and enters the code in an edit field.
The code within the bitmap must not be easily readable by an
OCR program, but the user can easily see it.

Marko