Re: link to jedmodes at jed homepage

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:54:50PM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> G. Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >BTW: It seems like the Jed wiki is no longer available. Did I just miss a
> >new URL or is it closed?
>
> It was being hit by spammers several times a day.   So I shut it down.

A bit off topic, but ...

I'm wondering what you mean by "hit by spammers".  I assume you do
not mean email spam, since it's a Web site.  Could you describe
the kinds of attacks and whether there is anything that a Wiki or
a CMS (content management system) site (for example one built on
Plone) could do to protect itself.  Or is it that once the
malicious have found your site, there is no alternative to closing
it down?

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman