Re: Installer for WJED available

p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>When slang has migrated to libtool, won't it use lt_dlopen() on both Windows
>and Linux?

I looked into libtool, created a configure script etc.  While I like
some of its features, I abandoned it when I discovered that the
resulting configure script was a sizable fraction of the slang
distribution itself.  I am also not too happy that the configure
script for slang2 is more than 3 times the size of the slang1 version.
While one can argue that the newer configure scripts generated by
autoconf 2.59 are better than those generated by 2.13 (others have
argued to opposite), I find it hard to believe that this can justify
the factor of 3 in size.

Finally, since autoconf, libtool, etc create Bourne shell scripts, I
do not see how they can work in a pure windows environment.  My
existing mkmake+makefile.all mechanism does not require, e.g., cygwin.
So, it seems that I would still have to support the existing
mechanism.