Re: address obscura

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 09:13 +0100, G. Milde wrote:

> > The full addresses can be viewed by inspecting the html source of each
> > message.
>
> Wouln't a spammer's robot parse the sources too?

Yes! Which occurred to me too about the crack of dawn today, when I was
not in any shape to investigate anything. <g>

Actually, I don't know how spammer bots work, but I misspoke, as our
professional politicians like to put it, about email addresses in the
html source. A closer look reveals that only domains can be found, and
only insofar as they manifest themselves in message id's.

If anyone can enlighten me further on this question, or finds otherwise,
please jump into the conversation!

Best &c.,

--
Bob Bernstein jed-users-l admin