Re: repeat command -- disappeared in Jed B0.99.17-56?

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 11:21:10AM +0100, G. Milde wrote:

[snip]

> jedmodes.sf.net/mode/numbuf uses the custom_variable Numbuf_key_prefix to
> determine the "jump-key". Currently it is defined as
>
> % Keybindings: Default is to bind Alt-1 to Alt-9 to goto_numbered_buffer.
> % (With ALT_CHAR = 27) By default these are bound to digit_arg, make sure you
> % bind another keyset to digit_arg.
> % Use the following to change this. (Set to NULL if you don't want keybindings)
> custom_variable("Numbuf_key_prefix", "\e");  % Escape (Alt/Meta)
>
> My original aim was to emulate the "true blue borland ide"
> [see G. Gonzatos ide.sl]. The docstring of numbuf says:
>
> % Number the buffers and bind Alt-1 .. Alt-9 to go to numbered_buffer
>
> Should I better set the default to NULL, and tell the users to set their
> binding in a USAGE section, so no accidential overwriting of bindings
> occures?

Günter -

I'm not sure.  Maybe what you should do is get a smarter user.  I
was a bit dumb to not check my .jedrc to see if I was using a mode
for buffers.  I had forgotted that I had installed numbuf.

So, I've added the following to my .jedrc, and now I have both
numbuf and repeated commands:

    variable Numbuf_key_prefix = "\ez";

Thank you for setting me straight.  And, thank you for numbuf.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman