Re: repeat command -- disappeared in Jed B0.99.17-56?

On  9.02.05, Dave Kuhlman wrote:

> I used to be able to repeat a command by using a prefix argument,
> which I entered by pressing ESC followed by a number or Ctrl-U
> followed by a number, and then pressing some command key.  That
> works in Jed 0.99.16, but does not work in Jed B0.99.17-56.  Is
> there somewhere, and I don't know how to get to it.

Does jed 99.17 still have the digit_arg: internal function? Maybe only the
binding is missing.

Try call("digit_arg") to access the internal function from slang.
You might bind an internal function to a key using setkey or definekey.

> By the way, this behavior might be masked by the ability to use
> Meta-n or ESC n to jump directly to a buffer.  I think that is a
> very useful feature, and I would not want to loose it.  Perhaps
> there is some way to get Ctrl-U n to enter a prefix argument, but
> not ESC n.

jedmodes.sf.net/mode/numbuf uses the custom_variable Numbuf_key_prefix to
determine the "jump-key". Currently it is defined as

% Keybindings: Default is to bind Alt-1 to Alt-9 to goto_numbered_buffer.
% (With ALT_CHAR = 27) By default these are bound to digit_arg, make sure you
% bind another keyset to digit_arg.
% Use the following to change this. (Set to NULL if you don't want keybindings)
custom_variable("Numbuf_key_prefix", "\e");  % Escape (Alt/Meta)

My original aim was to emulate the "true blue borland ide"
[see G. Gonzatos ide.sl]. The docstring of numbuf says:

% Number the buffers and bind Alt-1 .. Alt-9 to go to numbered_buffer

Should I better set the default to NULL, and tell the users to set their
binding in a USAGE section, so no accidential overwriting of bindings
occures?

G.Milde web.de