Re: Remap ^M

Joerg Sommer wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to remap ^M in XJed? I tried it with
   x_set_keysym(0x6d, '^', Key_Ctrl_M);    % Ctrl+M
but this doesn't work. ^M is futhermore interpreted as carriage return.
How can I change this and use ^M otherwise?

Jvrg.

Unfortunately XJed, WJed and probably all other versions
of Jed convert the Return key into ^M, so it is impossible
to distinguish between them. Also Ctrl-Enter is converted
into ^J and TAB into ^I.

This is probably because Jed should also work on terminals
that send such codes when one of the special keys is pressed.

The keycodes should be reworked for the keys to be distinguished.
I have done this in fljed, but it is not ready, yet.

If you need it right away, you could do something like this
(an idea which I have not tested):

  in xkeys.c change
     "\001\r",		/* 0xFF0D 	 XK_Return */
     "\002\0340\r",	/* 0xFF0D 	 XK_Return */

Now Enter should give the keycode "E0 ^M".
(E0 becomes a prefix code - like in WJed).

You would have to change all references to "^M" in setkey.

Marko