Re: Is anyone having FTP problems from space.mit.edu?

At Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:14:00 -0500,
John E. Davis wrote:

> Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I'm almost positive that this is something wrong on my end, but before I
> >go off into the linux and iptables mailing lists, I'm wondering if
> >anyone here has seen the same thing and knows how to fix it.
>
> Others have reported a similar problem.  I was unable to reproduce the
> problem from my debian box, but I also do not run iptables.  If you
> disable iptables, do you still have the problem?

I tried it with iptables disabled, and I have the same problem.

> FWIW, the problem may be on this end.  The server was upgraded this
> weekend.

Well, at any rate, at least I can still download slang2 ... I get it
from space.mit.edu onto my freebsd box, and then FTP it from there to my
linux machine.

I'll keep investigating on my end.  Is there somewhere I can go in order
to keep up to date on the status of the space.mit.edu box w/r/t this
problem?

Thanks.

--
 Lloyd Zusman