Is anyone having FTP problems from space.mit.edu?

I'm having FTP problems trying to download anything from space.mit.edu
to my linux box.  I noticed this during my recent attempts to download
slang2, although it seems to happen with anything else on the
space.mit.edu site, as well.  I get anywhere from 400,000 to 660,000
bytes, and then the transfer just hangs forever.

I have tried the following clients, and all have the same results:

  ftp, ncftp, wget, Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, lynx, w3m

It doesn't matter whether or not I use passive FTP.

I can easily do an FTP download from space.mit.edu to my freebsd box
... no problems at all.  And then, I can FTP from my freebsd box to my
linux box with no problems.

In other words, this occurs between my linux box and the space.mit.edu
server, but not between my linux box and at least a few other servers,
and not between other hosts and space.mit.edu.

I'm almost positive that this is something wrong on my end, but before I
go off into the linux and iptables mailing lists, I'm wondering if
anyone here has seen the same thing and knows how to fix it.

  % uname -sr
  Linux 2.6.9-1.3_FC2smp

Thanks in advance.

--