Re: Flashing (PGUP/Top of File)

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 06:34:54PM -0400, jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When I'm at the top or bottom of a file and try to go further (up or
> down), I get a very irritating screen flash, like a total repaint.
> What's causing this and is there any way to avoid this? I know, don't
> try to exceed the file boundaries, but when hitting PGUP a few times,
> or down it's very easy to do.
>
> Jed does this to me both on my Linux and Windows box.

The screen flash is probably the visual bell, this is intended as the
equivalent of beeping but without disturbing people near you. You can
set jed's behaviour with the IGNORE_BEEP variable in your .jedrc:
IGNORE_BEEP=1 will give just a beep, IGNORE_BEEP=2 will give just the
screen flash, 3 will give both and 0 will give neither.

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 9106 FD0D
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl] ICQ#10074100                      D6D9 3E7D FAF0 92D1