Re: deactivating menus

On 27.08.04, Alain Nadeau wrote:

> It's a matter of taste, but I really dislike working with jed menus: they
> massively interfere with my key-bindings.

Maybe this can be solved by a simple change in jed.rc

% Some of the above emulations may set keys that conflict with access to
% the menubars.  For example, emacs uses ESC-f to move by words.  The
% next line causes the keys to activate the menus.  Comment this out
% to preserve the emulation.
   enable_menu_keys ();

> Disabling the menu (under Linux) should be as easy as setting
>
> #define JED_HAS_TTY_MENUS 0
> Isn't there a way of turning it off completely before the build?

You can stop the loading of menus at startup time by changing/removing
the calling code in os.sl.
(look for a line
. "menus" evalfile pop
)