Re: a small patch for cua mode in jed-B0.9.17

On 26.08.04, SANGOI DINO wrote:

> > I don't know about 99.17, but here (and in the to-be-restored
> > jedmodes) I
> > have the delete_cmd in cuamisc.sl.
> The cuamisc.sl file in jed-B0.9.17 definitely doesn't have a
> delete_cmd() function, nor it was renamed, I can't find anything
> similar to the function you sent.
>
> > As it is more "cua-ish" than delete_char_cmd, I'd prefer to have it as
> > default in cua emulation mode.
>
> Maybe the best thing would be if you can get the beta of
> jed 0.9.17
Definitely. Unfortunately, completing my dissertation has top priority.

> and write a patch adding the missing function (and maybe other things
> lost).

I suppose John took out the delete_cmd with some purpose. But maybe
just by using an outdated version. So we might have to ask him.
BTW: is bdelete_cmd() still available?

> > delete_cmd: library function
> BTW, the jed-B0.9.17 documentation doesn't mentions 'delete_cmd()'
> except in the 'SEE ALSO' section of 'cua_delete_word'.

I took the example from my "homebrewed" help file (my cuamisc.sl has
tm-documentation for all public functions.

G.Milde web.de