Re: Calling Makefile from different directory

On 13.07.04, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> begin  Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does someone know a way to tell JED to start compiling from the
> > directory where I started JED?  Calling make with
> >
> >     make -f ../Makefile
>
> What about "make -C .."

How do you invoke the make command? From System>Shell-Command?

You can change jed-s working directory with M-x chdir (see
Help>Describe-Function>chdir). (Although I do not know, whether this solves
your problem. Normally, the working dir is the one you started jed in,
however, some functions change this (e.g. filelist_mode).

G.Milde at web.de