Proposal: testing new modes

Hello there,

I realise that testing lots of .sl files for inclusion in a new Jed release is quite a burden. I think we could give John a hand if we shared this chore.

IFF (if and only if) John agrees, I suggest that:

- all .sl file that need testing be listed somewhere
- John specify the requirements for OK'ing or rejecting an .sl file
- volunteers take over some of them and do the testing
- some sort of "peer review" be implemented - say, cross-testing of the same .sl files by different testers - when an .sl file is OK'ed, the volunteer write a short log and send the stuff back to John.

I repeat that, IFF John agrees. What do you think? Needless to say, I'm a volunteer...

Later,
     Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido dot gonzato at univr dot it> - Linux Sysadmin
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.