Re: suppress "lines read" message

On  8.06.04, John E. Davis wrote:
> Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >It's hard to say without knowing which modes are causing you trouble, but
> >many modes in the JMR (tar, ispell, hyperman) are rather GNU-centric.  They
> >will work great in the Debian jed-extra package, but will cause trouble in
> >JED.
>
> Right.  Perhaps the best thing to do would be to encourage folks who
> use other systems to look at these packages and help "port" them to
> their system.  I would hate to release a version of jed with an
> enhanced .sl file that has never been tested on, e.g., VMS since that
> could be devastating to some of the VMS users (and there are a few).

I agree. What I would like, though is a kind of integration that makes it
"dead easy" to enhance the stable core by the beta jedmodes packages. I
think particularly about including home-lib.sl into the distribution, so it
is in the standard library path and can be activated by a simple
require("home-lib") in .jedrc.

On the other side, I am working on improvement installation requirements and
usage documentation for my jedmodes. Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

(A major step is achieved with the generation of online-help texts by
make-ini.sl, but this is unfortunately not sufficiently tested yet.)

G.Milde at web.de