Re: This diff allows C++ namespace blocks to have their own indentation value.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:01:15PM -0800, Marc Butler wrote:
> Hi,

> I have tried to ensure the indentation was consistent by running indent
> buffer with the style set to "jed".  This appears to have had the
> unfortunate side effect of picking up some miscellaneous whitespace
> elsewhere in "cmode.sl".

This could have to do with a different usage of tabs vs. spaces or with
indent_buffer inserting spaces up to the level of indendation even if
there is nothing on the line behind. In the latter case, a M-x
trim_buffer could help.

> While I commented the variable in "site.sl" with what appears to be
> special formatting (for automatic documentation I assume) the comment
> does not appear in the online help when I build jed.  I'm pretty sure
> there is a step I'm missing; can anyone point me to instructions on
> what I need to do?

There are two c-programms sl2tm and tm2txt that come with the slang
source (if I remember right). You could use these to extract the
comment blocks and translate to a text representation. An upcoming
tm2txt-script (to be published at jedmodes.sf.net) will give a simpler
solution for the average jed user.

G.Milde at web.de