Re: Stack Overflow problem

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:52:15AM -0500, Brian Blais wrote:
> while (-1 != fgets (&line, fp)) {
>
>   printf("%s",line);
>   count=count+1;
>
> }

> If you comment out the printf, you have no problem.
Obviously, printf pushes something on the stack:
   Int_Type printf (String_Type fmt, ...)

Try () = printf("%s",line);

> I would use a search, instead of a line-by-line scan, but I need a
> regular expression with OR (I'm looking for one of 3 things in the
> file, whichever one comes first).  This doesn't seem to be supported in
> Slang.  Any advice?
Depending on what you're trying to do, you could
- use slsh with the pcre module
- use sed
- use jed, read the file into a buffer, and search three times setting a
  user_mark - user_marks can be compared, so you'd write something like

  {
    if (this_usermark < min_usermark)
      min_usermark = this_usermark;
  }