Re: Make mode ... keybindings are changed

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 04:11, Juho Snellman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:27:37PM -0500, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> > http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jesnellm/software/files/makemode.sl
> >
> > I use the CUA keybinding but when I enter a Makefile, my mode changes to
> > (I don't know the name, but ^Ke, ^KW) ... I searched the makemode.sl
> > high and low and do not see how this is happening. Can anyone give me a
> > tip?
>
> I was able to reproduce this for all modes that were using their own
> keymap, and track it down to the "recent files" feature that's used by
> CUA. Upgrading recent.sl to 2.2 worked for me.
>
> <http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/recent/2.2/download/recent.sl>
>
> Alternately you could comment out the 'require("recent")' line in
> cua.sl.

Hum. I upgraded to 2.2 of recent and that did not fix the problem, I
then searched for recent.sl in cua.sl and did not find it. I then did a
grep in the /usr/jed/lib dir for recent.sl and it showed 2 files,
bytecompile.sl and recent.sl itself. I therefore, did a

jed -batch -n -l preparse

thinking that maybe the recent.sl needed to be compiled, and that also
did nothing for my problem.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks,

----