Re: Compiling slang and jed on Windows

Guido Gonzato <ggonza@xxxxxx> wrote:
>I have verified that wjed does not work properly on the Italian version
>of Windows 2000/XP: colours are completely wrong, and loading a new
>colour scheme won't work either. It's a real pity, because Jed becomes
>virtually unusable.

What is different about the italian version?  Do _any_ color
combinations work or have an effect?

>I suspect this may be a problem with s-lang. I planned to recompile

I do not think so.  Wjed does not use slang for the low-level
interaction with windows.  The code that interacts with windows is in
jed/src/wterm.c.  Does Jed.exe suffer the same problem?

>slang and jed using Mingw (http://www.mingw.org/), but I got a compile
>error almost immediately.

What error do you see?  How are you building the Makefile?

Thanks and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.