Compiling slang and jed on Windows

hello all,

I have verified that wjed does not work properly on the Italian version of Windows 2000/XP: colours are completely wrong, and loading a new colour scheme won't work either. It's a real pity, because Jed becomes virtually unusable.

I suspect this may be a problem with s-lang. I planned to recompile slang and jed using Mingw (http://www.mingw.org/), but I got a compile error almost immediately.

I have no experience on Windows programming (only built some command-line programs using Mingw) and have no other development tools. I would be grateful if somebody could rebuild Jed on Windows using, say, Borland or MS compilers, then send me the binary for testing.

Thank you,
    Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.