Re: JMR problem

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:58:58PM +0100, Paul Boekholt wrote:

> The question is, what do the contributors want? Right now most people
> put their stuff on their own website. Guido said this was because JMR
> is so ugly, but I suspect they just find it easier that way, and like
> to stay in control of their files.
>
> If I'm right, then a new JMR might be easier to upload to, for two
> people, and I will probably not be uploading very much in the future. A
> site with links to where the modes really are, might be more successful,
> which brings us back to the Wiki. It's time the contributors speak out
> on what they want (the users don't really count here, they may be all
> for a new JMR but if the modes are not there what good will it be?)

This is why I started a "survey" on the Jed Wiki. Please visit

  http://www.jedsoft.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Survey

and add your ticks.

Also have a look at the documentation about metadata formats
  http://www.jedsoft.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Mode_Metadata
and the keywords proposal
  http://www.jedsoft.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Mode_Keywords
.

> You should also try to get someone to share the burden of developing and
> maintaining it (I'd help but I'm on a dial-up :-). If no one has time to
> help developing this, that's not a good sign.

This would speak in favour of the simple wiki way of doing it. See
   http://www.jedsoft.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Jed_Modes
for a (crude) example.

G.Milde at web.de