Re: "Visual wrapping" of lines

Frank v Waveren <fvw@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Most if not all emacses do this by default, give it a try, it really grows
>on you.

I have tried it in the past and hated the behavior.  For example,
imagine a very long line that wraps to 10 "continued" lines.  Then
with the cursor on the 10th continued line, pressing the up arrow
would move the cursor up 10 lines.   The upshot is that the number of
display rows the cursor would move would depend upon the number of
continuation lines.  I found this "context-sensitive" behavior to be
extremely annoying.

If and when I implement it, I intend to give users a choice.  This
would include the "bol" and "eol" functions.