Re: "Visual wrapping" of lines

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:08:24PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> New functions bound to the arrow keys would have to be introduced for
> this.  I imagine that those that want long lines "soft-wrapped" really
> want to have the newline character represent a paragraph delimiter.
Not really. Think more along the lines of having a page of c code
with a really long line in it, and instead of having it get chopped off at
80 chars having it folded. It's more of a "pretending we're an infinitely
wide editor" thing than a different approach to text flowing altogether.

Most if not all emacses do this by default, give it a try, it really grows
on you.

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|dse.nl] ICQ#10074100               1FF3 47FF 545C CB53