Re: Enhancement to yankpop

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:15:16PM -0700, Dave Kuhlman wrote:

> I found it awkward sometimes that I could only cycle through the
> ring of pastebuffers in one direction.
>
> So, I added a function to yankpop.sl that cycles in the opposite
> direction.  OK, so all I really did was to copy yp_yank_pop and
> make a couple of small edits.
>
> Is there already a way to do this?  Or, is there a way to do
> something that makes this unnecessary?  It does seem like an
> obvious thing to want.

Thanks for your patch. Actually I thought about such a function for long,
but was too lazy to implement it.

I just added (backwards compatible) support for yank_repop to cuamark.sl
(the yank-pop supporting version of wmark).

Now you can paste with Shift_Ins and cycle through the pastebuffer (fw and
bw) with Shift_Up/Down. (When the last kbd-command was not a yank,
Shift_Up/Down have the usual cua-meaning as "mark_region, go up",
"mark_region, go down".)

If there is public interest I will upload the new version to jedmodes.sf.net.

> If a similar capability is not already there, I'd like to suggest
> that this or something like it be added to Jed.

John, is this possible?

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de