Re: about the "Recent Files" feature

Guido Gonzato <ggonza@xxxxxx> wrote:
>I'd like to know if you plan to enable the "Recent Files" menu entry by
>default in future Jed releases. IMHO, it's stable and useful, and it should
>be enabled. If you'd rather leave it out, I'd like to add it as default in
>ide.sl.

I will look into enabling it in the next release.  However, there are
two issues that need to be addressed before I can do so:

  * At the moment, compiling jed requires slang version 1.3.11 or
    greater. However, recent.sl uses functions not available before
    1.4.4.

  * VMS support will need to be added to it.

Finally, I would like to change the names of the public variables
defined by recent.sl, e.g.,

    WANT_RECENT_FILES_LIST  --> recent_files_cache_enable ( 0/1 )
    RECENT_FILES_LIST       --> Recent_Files_Cache_File
    MAX_RECENT_FILES        --> Recent_Max_Cached_Files

where recent_files_cache_enable is a function.