Re: Re: good news for jmr developers

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:48:35 +0000 wrote Paul Shirley <paul.shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In message <200303061536.h26Fa9402565@horst.local>, Guenter Milde
> <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

> >uploading modes to the jed modes repository has become a little bit easier:
> >the
> >
> >   5  Update Mode
> >
> >topic of the menu driven upload tool
> >  /home/groups/j/je/jedmodes/jmr/jmr
> >works now as expected.
>
> Where exactly is this page? I can't seen any 'update mode' option on
> Sourceforge (or a mail link that works or any other sign of upload
> options come to think of it!)

Sorry, I missed to give enought background information:

JMR, the jed modes repository is hosted at sourceforge but doesnot use the
usual sourceforge way of up/download. Instead work is done by a set of
php-skripts and shell skripts.

Get your modes via the project *homepage* http://jedmodes.sf.net/

Uploading is more complicated:

You need
  * an account on shell.sf.net (apply at sourceforge).
  * to be on the list of jmr-developers (apply to Franchesc)

    1. Do

     ssh shell.sf.net

     give Password

     cd /home/groups/j/je/jedmodes/jmr
     ./jmr    # this is the abovementioned jmr-script

   2. With a web-browser goto http://jedmodes.sf.net/devel
      Select "Upload | New Mode" in the side-menu
      Follow the wizard (give description)

   3. in the jmr-script: Close the mode

   4. Upload the file:
   e.g. in another xterm (or with jeds ashell (or my ishell) mode)
   scp ../numbuf.sl shell.sf.net://home/groups/j/je/jedmodes/htdocs/mode/numbuf/1.00/download/numbuf.sl

   5. in the jmr-script: Update the mode (actually the php-scripts)
      (This did not work until recently)

There is a more detailed description under the "Doc" side-menu-topic in the
jmr-homepage.

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de