Re: A small and a large window on startup

Guenter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:22:20 +0100 wrote Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> in certain situations I want jed to start with a particular appearance.
>> This is: a small window at the top and a large for the rest.

> PS: What is this used for?

For programming. In the small window on top runs the output from the
compiler, in the large window at the bottom is the source. What I want
is something like starting jed as 'jed -2 file' but the windows shall
not be split equally.

> If it is already filled with some content,

Normally: yes.

> you could use the fit_window([max_lines]) function from the bufutils.sl
> mode on JMR.

I've downloaded it and put it in my local jed-directory, where the
other additional sl-files are too. But I can't load fit_window(), I
get the error-message: No match!

Do you know, how to solve that?

In .jedrc I have 'set_jed_library_path' pointing to this directory.

Thanks,
Martin