Re: Jed Development

At 02.16 13/01/03 -0800, Josh Guilfoyle wrote:

> >   * DFA syntax that can persist across lines.  Also, regular

[...]

Not exactly.  "^" and "$" is the best example of a zero-width assertion...ther
is no "beginning of line" character that can be matched but it is asserting
that it's there, thus it is a zero-width assertion.  Perl regular expressions
provide an extremely flexible method of using your own assertions that can be
found through man perlre.  A brief example would be:

As a side note, a minor point (maybe), but possibly relevant here: Perl's regular expressions are not DFAs - see 'perldoc -q DFA'.

Michele

--
Liberta' va cercando, ch'e' si' cara,
Come sa chi per lei vita rifiuta.

I am my own country - United States Confederate of Me!
           [Pennywise, "My own country"]