Re: Leading zero padding in time formats.

David Beverly <rain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DB> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:24:56PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
>> I need to produce a string with this format
>>
>>    2003-01-14 15:44+0100
>>
>> but I got problems with the leading zero padding

>> The line to get the date and time looks like this:
>>
>>    variable tm = sprintf ("%d-%d-%d %d:%d", 1900 + tm.tm_year, 1+tm.tm_mon,
>>                           tm.tm_mday, tm.tm_hour, tm.tm_min);

DB> The format string as presented doesn't even output the timezone.  At any
DB> rate, assuming you give it the correct arguments, the format string you want
DB> is "%4d-%02d-%02d %02d:%02d+%05d"

Thanks to both you and John for a fast response.

>> Anyone knows?

DB> Jed knows.  In the menubar, Go to Help->Unix Man Page.  Type sprintf in the
DB> minibuf.  Hit return.  Learn.

Ah, don't quite work on my system. I am trying to learn but for
a non-programmer it's a slow process. However, it won't be long
before I proudly present my po_mode to the list.

DB> choose death, it lasts longer

;-)

Regards,

Morten

--
"If work was a good thing the rich would have it all and not let you do it."
                                                          (Elmore Leonard)