custom keybindings [Re: html_mode vs _Jed_Emulation]

 (2002.12.28) John E. Davis wrote:

>>$ echo '_Jed_Emulation = "jed";' > .jedrc
>>$ jed test.html
>> S-Lang Error: Type Mismatch: Unable to typecast Null_Type to String_Type

> Perhaps you meant to use:
>    _Jed_Default_Emulation = "jed";

 I'd tried this before posting; but no: while this made html_mode work
 fine, all my setkey definitions from .jedrc were ignored.

 But OK: I solved my problem. I created my own file with keybindings
 (_Jed_Emulation="tsca";) and load it with ()=evalfile("my_keys"); in
 .jedrc. The problem with the html_mode is solved by adding
  _Reserved_Key_Prefix = "\003";
 to my_keys.sl and
  runhooks ("keybindings_hook", _Jed_Emulation);
 takes care of the keybindings from my_keys being valid.

 Do I understand correctly that using the _Jed_Emulation/keybindings_hook
 mechanism is the right way of customising the keybindings now (instead of
 putting setkey definitions directly in .jedrc)? Seems a little bit
 complicated... I feel like I'm missing something.

--
 tsca * Tomasz Sienicki