Re: Re: get_modifier()

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:16:02 -0500 wrote "John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >Guenter Milde said on 2002-02-19:
> >
> >> My favourite would be a jed startup script, that loads
> >> the "jed-enhanced" keybindings just before opening jed
> >> and unloads them on exit.
>
> You can probably do some of this via the init/reset_display hooks, e.g.,
> The above would work, except when switching to another console from
> within jed.  The trick there is to let jed do the switching for you
> I have not tested any of the above code, but I hope that the basic
> idea is clear.

Sounds like a good solution to me. To get it implemented, we would need
  - a keymap with "modified-special-keys"   % done
  - a SUID shell skript to load the map on request
  - a SUID shell skript to restore the previous map
    % maybe just one skript with command-line options
  - a slang jed-mode that contains a worked up and tested version of
    Johns proposal (display_hooks, keybindings for switching ...) and would
    be invoked with requires("linuxkeys") in the .jedrc

I'd volunteer to write this sort of thing, but is there a chance to get this
into the next version of jed?

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de