Put search string into variable for use with strcmp

Hi,

I hope the subject is clear enough: I would like to search
for a string with re_fsearch and have the result placed in a
variable that I can use to compare to another string with strcmp.

Possibly I should something else than re_fsearch?

Regards,

Morten

--
"Counting in octal is just like counting in decimal - if you don't use
 your thumbs."                                            (Tom Lehrer)