Got many CUA combos working under Linux jed!

> Anyway, I made new entries in the keymap. Here's an example:
>
> #S+Up
> shift keycode 103 = F100
> string F100 = "\033[a"
>
> #C+Up
> control keycode 103 = F112
> string F112 = "\033[^A"
>
> The Shift-Up entry which was put there by the original
> author works. However Ctrl-Up won't. :-( The problem
> may lie with the action I assigned to it, F112, which
> I chose arbitrarily. However I can't seem to figure out
> what the proper action to assign to the keys should be.

Hmmm... very strange... after coming across an old
message in the group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jed-users/message/2581

it turns out that one should embed a real control-A
not a two character ^A in the quoted string above.
The action number assigned doesn't seem to matter.

But the string defined in keydefs.sl that corresponds
to the action is composed of 2 characters and not a
real ctrl-A. What's going on?!?

The attached files now allow the CUA style combos
I was talking about to work under Linux.

Remaining on my problem/wishlist are:

1) Why doesn't TAB do anything?

2) How do we make TAB and SHIFT-TAB indent/undent
a highlighted region?

3) multi-step redo mapped to ^Y and not ^G^Z.

I think CUA fans will appreciate it a lot if
jed came bundled with Guenter Milde's
update of linux-keys.txt (the one I attached
as cuaready.map) and a cua.sl that incorporates
at least some of the changes I made in the
attachment above along with jed.

The mappings I made which I'm pretty sure would
be appreciated by CUA users would be:

Ctrl-Home, Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Left, Ctrl-Right to
bob, eob, bskip_word and skip_word respectively.

These ones I'm not too sure of:

Ctrl-Up, Ctrl-Down, Ctrl-Q to scroll_up_in_place,
scroll_down_in_place, and jed_exit respectively.
Especially the one for Ctrl-Q.

I'm not sure what the recommended CUA combo for
exiting/closing is? It's CTRL-Q in the submitted
cua.sl, but I've seen CTRL-W used in a lot of
programs as well.