Re: dircat vs path_concat

Igor Homyakov <homyakov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>is this functions equal  ?
>
>I think, that these functions differ only on speed.

"dircat" has been around for a long time and is known to work on VMS.
"path_concat" is a generic slang intrinsic function that was added
later, and I do not know how well it works on VMS, since I have not
had access to VMS for many years.  I wrote dircat when I had access to
VMS.  Someday I hope to replace calls to dircat by calls to path_concat.