Re: JED does not color the region selected

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:45:24 +0100 wrote Mauro Ziliani <mauzil@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm using JED to codify my programs in Linux in IDE Borland emulation.
> Now I use SuSE 8.0 distribution.

Konsole or X? Which window manager?

> I had to recompile slang because JED didn't display the extended ascii
> characters.
> Since I changed the slang library JED doesn't color the region selected.

You could try if it works without recompiling:

What is your value of the variable
   HIGHLIGHT        = 1;        % non-zero for region highlighting

Is the syntax highlighting still active in the region? If not, you may have
to set the color anew
   set_color ("region", String_Type fg, String_Type bg)

> I try to recompile the jed source with SuSE 8.0 but nothing.

I had problems with SuSE and jed: after upgrading from the version in the
distro to a non-suse xjed, all characters where displayed as two (seems like
a UTF-non UTF problem).

I used the source rpms from Charls jed page http://cpbotha.net/jedstuff/ and
rebuilt both, jed and slang. No problem with SuSE 7.3 under non-KDE window
managers.

Under KDE3 I the selection doesnot get exported to klipper, i.e. I cannot
drag and drop from jed to other KDE applications :-(
(Dropping something into jed works as well as cut-n-paste from xjed to
another xjed or an xterm)

Furthermore, since jed99.16, when I close xjed by click on the x button, it
exits with an error: My mailer therefore doesnot use the temporal file (which I
created with xjed as external editor) but leaves it on /tmp :-(

Guenter

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de