Re: [0.99-15] Problems to read files into the buffer-list.

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you mean to read the files into separate buffers?

Yes.

>   Instead of this, I recommend using the slang "listdir" function to
>   read the names of files into an array, e.g.,

I use Debian-Linux and was looking for such a function. But I couldn't
find it neither in jedfuns.txt nor in libfuns.txt. Both are installed
with jed, but slangfun.txt is only installed with slang1-dev. Perhaps
it would be better, if the slang-docs would also be installed with the
runtime-version of slang, cause people don't need the devel-version to
write *.sl-files.

> Finally, why not just startup jed as:
>    jed *.ad[bs]
> ?

Because the best and easiest solutions are the most difficult to find :-)

Thanks for your help,
Martin