[2nd TRY] minor problem upgrading to 0.99-15

I'm mailing again a message I sent last week. I didn't receive any feedback, so I wonder if this has to do with the fact that it refers to 0.99-15. Of course I'll get and install 0.99-16 ASAP, but maybe the particular problems I'm describing don't have to do with that. So could anybody shed some light on them?

Dear all,

I've been using jed for a few years now, but I'm still being mostly a newbie. Only recently I've upgraded to 0.99-15 under Win and I have noticed an unexpected behaviour.

I have some ALT-key keybindings and of course my ALT is not set to emulate ESC. It has always worked fine, and it does continue to work fine, fundamentally with jed.exe. Only, when I use ALT+<num> (keypad) I don't get the <num> ASCII char as I've always had.

Of course the one I'm talking about is not such an indispensable feature, but most programs I know of don't interfere with it and on the other hand I happen to use it, under some circumstances. As a side note, also pasting in the dos windows from the Windows clipboard (with the proper button on the toolbar) doesn't work: I really never use this and noticed it by chance, but I think it's worth pointing it out.

The two features described above DO work "correctly" with jed386.exe that in turn yields an error when I try to use my ALT-key keybindings. I tried also wjed.exe, which I really never use, and it beeps when I try ALT+keypad, but then it inserts the correct char.

What puzzles me is this difference in the behaviour in the three flavours of jed...

Michele
--
Liberta' va cercando, ch'e' si' cara,
Come sa chi per lei vita rifiuta.