Re: xjed and keypad, pc-select-mode

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:54:45 +0200 wrote Nicolas Burrus <nicolas.burrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> My solution for Ctrl-Shift bindings use Xwindow keysyms :

Nice idea, I have some suggestions for improvement though:

> variable KB_Left    = 0xFF51;
> variable KB_Right   = 0xFF53;
> variable KB_Down    = 0xFF54;

It would be nice to have these for all the X keycodes (is there a list of
them somewhere). Also, I wouldd prefer them in variables with some X in the name,
or even better in an associative array, like

  variable X_key = Assoc_Type;
  X_key["Left"]  = 0xFF51;
  X_key["Right"] = 0xFF53;

and so on, for all the keys defined in keydefs.

> % CS stands for Ctrl-Shift
> variable Key_Ctrl_Shift_Left  = "CSLeft";
> variable Key_Ctrl_Shift_Right   = "CSRight";
> variable Key_Ctrl_Shift_Up      = "CSUp";

This seems pretty nonstandard and may couse problems
(does your <C> key work after binding this to a function?)

Looking at keydefs and the undocumented x_set_keysym feature,
I suppose something like

  variable Key_Ctrl_Shift_Home        = "\e[1%";

might be a better choice. I don't know about a good one for Left, Right,
Up, Down, though.

It would be nice, to have them all included in keydefs.sl.
(Are there windows keystrings for Shift_Ctrl_something?)

> x_set_keysym (KB_Right, '%', Key_Ctrl_Shift_Right);

this would become

  x_set_keysym (X_key["Right"], '%', Key_Ctrl_Shift_Right);

and could go to a file x-keysyms.sl to be usable by a wider circle...

> Then you can use Key_Ctrl_Shift_Home, ... to bind your actions.

Nice.

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de